Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dear H



My partner in crime has mentioned that I don't seem to mention him on my blog very much...I have explained that this is mostly a place for the neat things I find online, or otherwise...and I have talked about wedding decor (thank heavens I get to elope) and his career change as a Mountie, R.C.M.P. guy...and our subsequent move to Nova Scotia.  However, as it is his birthday Happy Birthday Baby!  I thought I would dedicate this post to him.  We are still leaning towards living a condo lifestyle and as such I found some future decor touches I (we) should like, all images/links found initially on 'Apartment Therapy'.  The chocolate brown walls in the first image are what I hope will end an ongoing argument around here.  H loves neutrals, LOVES them...me, not so much.  In my mind they've been done, and overdone so many times and they don't give me a safe, cozy feeling at all but rather a claustrophobic, help I'm trapped in the sticky mouse trap that is the 'burbs kinda feeling...chocolate brown = a neutral with balls.
The second image is all about the strip of red on the edge of a doorway.  I love colour, H does not...I admit that I don't have a lot of practice with it or a fabulous attention span.  This edging however is like an accessory, jewellery for your home.
And finally the golden blocks for the shower...yes please, warm, elegant and yet crisp and spa-like...soooo ummm Happy Birthday Baby, and look and the things I like!!! (I have a very patient man indeed).

No comments: