Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Green Beauty Guide


I discovered this website The Green Beauty Guide and have been very impressed so far.  I am not an expert, I do try to do an abundance of research but often the scientific names on labels that mean little to nothing to me can be overwhelming.  There is some debate, and no 'proven' scientific tests as of yet, however an alarming number of rosacea sufferers have trouble with an ingredient that is found in many mineral powders, bismuth oxychloride.  It is found in my powder brand Physicians Formula and quite a few others,see link here, there is also a handy list of alternatives.  This is interesting for many women as it could be a skin irritant which causes acne in many skin types.  Looks like it's time to get serious about narrowing down my beauty routine again...

No comments: