Saturday, March 6, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

* Image found here

On a bit of a mission to utilize only what is in our fridge, freezer and pantry this week (until pay day) and finding that I’m enjoying the challenge...but then I haven’t had any wasteful cooking disasters yet. Last night was hamburger, pasta, tomato soup with tortillas for the boys but I’m more excited about baking peanut butter banana bread with no butter or oil on hand! I was a little nervous as I didn’t even have applesauce but the loaf (yes I use loaf and bread interchangeably, it’s been a debate recently) turned out lovely, especially with a bit of rosehip jam. I have of course since misplaced the blog that I borrowed and adapted the recipe from, but if memory serves;


2 eggs, ½ cup of peanut butter, 1 tbsp of baking powder, 4 mashed banana’s, 1 ¾ of flour, cinnamon and vanilla to taste. Mix and bake in stoneware for bout an hour...Ta Da

No comments: