Sunday, February 28, 2010

Little Things Matter


*teapot image found here
*stromboli image found here
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about little blessings, patience and gratitude. While I’m always aiming for more I am aware that to many I (we) seem to have a lucky star guiding us. So I strive to live in this moment and see what I have; most immediately is a free clear teapot with a built in diffuser! It was left in our community lobby and it’s the loveliest thin glass, sleek and yet cozy thing...Also I am trying to cook healthier, yummy foods that are inexpensive and make going out to eat seem like trading down. Aside from the chocolate chip cookies I made yesterday (hey, still cheaper and somewhat healthier than factory made) today’s brunch is a breakfast Stromboli...wow, thank the lord for google and people who post information. I basically used this recipe except I had a bit of tomato sauce left over so I mixed that with the salsa (I'm sure I didn't use the 3/4 cup called for).  I stuffed it with first the sauce, then torn up fresh spinach, minced garlic, red onion, scrambled eggs and cheese (also less/lower fat).  It required a little longer cooking time but basically, wow this will be made again for sure.

No comments: