Saturday, June 18, 2011

Full Steam Ahead

Last night my husband referred to me as his artist wife...this gave me a pause.  One, because after almost eleven years together we still are prone to giggles that we recently legally wed.  And two, because to me, artist, is a very big word.  Like many people the concept of artist and/or artist as a living is an oxymoron.  I have no problem saying that I've started crafting, but ART.  At very least it's prompted me to blog about some of the things I have been making lately.  My photo's are primarily taken with my blackberry and our home is still a very limiting rental until we make some decisions.

So, I made this (and I'm even posting a picture of me, eek).  I literally cut out each petal, burnt it to a shape I liked and hand stitched them together and wired them onto a headband....

No comments: