Monday, May 10, 2010

For My Dad Amongst Others

*image found here
So, my father actually reads my blog...he complains that it's too girly and doesn't contain enough politics, specifically politics that support his rants i.e. Trudeau is the root of all evil in Canada. While I have explained that my blog is primarily a growing list of cool things I find on the web, a safe haven away from the drama of real life I have thought that I would like to give a periodic shout out to my loved ones.  So dad, you say you do like my writing so this ones for you...and your best buddy.
I can longer stomach to read or support a long standing Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.  The CBC has long been known as the Canadian news source.  I, particularly as a world traveler, have become quite the sentimental Canadian, loving many 'Canadian' things.  However, the last front page news item that was again at best poorly researched, at worst an outright lie for the sake of sensational, cheap ratings has broken this Canadians heart. It is no secret that I am the wife of a Mountie (the CBC seems to detest their police, how self deprecatingly Canadian),and any news source that willingly and consistently lies to please some of it's viewers is not, in my mind, Canadian.

No comments: